Error 550 - Relay not permitted or relay denied
Error 550 - Relay Not Permitted message usually indicates that you are trying to send email through the Madasafish SMTP mail servers while connected to a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). Provided you have a subscription service with us such as Broadband, Anytime or Justmail, it is possible to send mail through the Madasafish SMTP mail servers if you authenticate with your username and password.
To resolve this issue you will need to enable SMTP authentication. Please follow these steps:
- Open Outlook Express and click on the Tools menu and scroll down to Accounts. A new window will appear.
- Click on the Mail tab at the top of this window.
- Highlight the Madasafish email account (usually named mail.madasafish.com) and click on the Properties button.
- Click on the Servers tab.
- Place a tick in the box next to My server requires authentication.
- Confirm that you have your full Madasafish email address entered in the Account name field.
- Click on Settings and ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click Ok to save your changes and then click OK again on the following screen.
- Click Close.
You will now be able to send the email without receiving the Error 550 message. If you are still getting the error message, you will need to contact us.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.