Add new contacts
To add a new contact please click on the option Manage Contacts from within Webmail. Then click on Add new contact and fill in the details of your contact in the following fields:
- Nickname - This is a required field. Please enter a suitable name for your contact. If you are adding a contact that contains multiple email addresses, then try and use a suitable group name. If you are adding a contact with a single email address, then use a name that is easily associated with your contact. The nickname field will be very useful when composing a new message because you can specify the nickname in the To or Cc fields and the email will be sent to the email address(es) saved for that nickname.
- Name -This is an optional field. You can use it to enter the full name of the contact or group. This is particularly useful when you have more than one contact with the same name.
- Email - A required field. Please enter the email address of your contact. If you wish to add more than one email address then you can separate them with a comma. This is particularly useful if you want to send to a group of people at once.
- Mobile - An optional field that can be used for storing the phone number of your contact.
- Comments - An optional field that can be used for any notes you wish to make about the contact.
Once you have entered all the details of your contact, then click on the Save Changes button.
To delete a contact, click on Manage contacts. Then click on Delete to the right hand side of the contact you wish to delete.
There are two ways to sort your contacts:
- Click on the field you wish to sort your contacts by. You can sort contacts in ascending or descending order on the Nickname, Name and Email fields. The first click on the field will sort by ascending order. If you click that field again it will be sorted in descending order.
- Click on Settings and then under Display settings you will be able to choose how to sort your contacts. From the Sort contacts by drop down box, you can select Added, Nickname, Name or Address. If you want to have your contacts in the order that they are created then choose Added. Click on the Save changes button once you have selected the options you require.
Webmail supports the importing of contacts that are in a CSV (comma separated values) file format.
To import your contacts, click on Manage contacts. Then click on Import contacts.
If you know the location of the contacts you wish to import then type it in the box to the right of File. Otherwise, click on Browse and then find the contacts file that you wish to import. Once located, double left click on that file, or single left click and click Open. The file location will appear in the File box.
Click on Import and providing the file you are importing is a valid file, your contacts will be imported.
Export contacts from Webmail
Webmail allows you to export your contacts for backup purposes, or to import them into an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
To export your contacts, click on Manage contacts. Then click on Export contacts.
A box will appear prompting you to save the contacts file. Click on Save or OK, then choose the name and location of the file. By default the name is addressbook. Click on Save.
Export contacts from Outlook
To export your contacts from Microsoft Outlook in a format that is supported by Webmail, please follow these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook
2. Click on Contacts
3. Click on the File menu
4. Click on Import and Export. The Wizard will appear
5. Select Export to a file and then click Next
6. Select Comma Separated Values (DOS) or Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then click Next
7. Select Contacts as the folder to export from. This should be selected by default. Then click Next
8. There should be a name and location specified where the exported contacts will be saved. If you wish to choose another location then type it in or click on Browse. Click Next when you are happy with the file location and filename
9. Click on the Map Custom Fields button
10. On the list on the left click on Name and drag it to the list on the right. Click OK
11. Click Finish
Your Outlook contacts have now been exported.
Export contacts from Outlook Express
To export your contacts from Outlook Express, please follow these steps:
1. Open Outlook Express
2. Click on the File menu
3. Highlight Export and then click Address Book
4. Select Text File (Comma Separated Values)
5. Click Export
6. Type in a filename for the exported contacts. Click Browse to save the file in a suitable location. Click Next when you are happy with the file location and filename.
7. Ensure that Name and E-mail Address are ticked.
8. Click Finish and then Close
Your Outlook Express contacts have now been exported.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.